L'Oréal recognized as global compact lead by the United Nations. L'Oréal's Chief Ethics Officer, Emmanuel Lulin, honoured as UN global compact SDG pioneer
L'Oréal has devoted itself to beauty for over 100 years. With its unique international portfolio of 34 diverse and complementary brands, the Group generated sales amounting to 26.02 billion euros in 2017 and employs 82 600 people worldwide. As the world's leading beauty company, L'Oréal is present across all distribution networks: mass market, department stores, pharmacies and drugstores, hair salons, travel retail, branded retail and e-commerce. Research and innovation, and a dedicated research team of 3 885 people, are at the core of L'Oréal's strategy, working to meet beauty aspirations all over the world. For more information: http://mediaroom.loreal.com/en/
About Ethics at L'Oréal
- In 2000, L'Oréal was one of the first companies in France to establish a Code of Ethics and to appoint, in 2007, a Chief Ethics Officer.
- In 2008, L'Oréal's Chairman and CEO, Jean-Paul Agon, received the prestigious Stanley C. Pace Leadership in Ethics Award.
- In 2015, L'Oréal's Senior Vice-President and Chief Ethics Officer, Emmanuel Lulin, received the prestigious Carol. R. Marshall Innovation in Ethics Award
- In 2017, L'Oréal received the Transparency Grand Prix for its Code of Ethics (Grand Prix de la Transparence - Charte Éthique). It is the first time that this prize was awarded.
- In 2018, L'Oréal received the Ethical Leadership Award (Prix du Leadership Ethique), the Ethical Governance Award (Prix de la Gouvernance Ethique) and Emmanuel Lulin received the Award of Honors for Ethical Influence (Prix d'Honneur Influenceur Ethique). It is the first time that these recognitions were awarded.
- L'Oréal organizes an annual Ethics Day where employees from around the world can chat online with L'Oréal's Chairman and CEO and their country General Manager about ethics.
For more information on ethics at L'Oréal: http://www.loreal.com/group/governance/actingethically.aspx
About sustainability at L'Oréal
The Sharing Beauty With All programme was launched in 2013. Completely integrated in the entire value chain of the Group, it summarises L'Oréal's commitments in terms of sustainable development by 2020 and addresses all its impacts: from the conception of products to their distribution, including the production process or the sourcing of ingredients. Every year, L'Oréal communicates transparently, providing figures, with regard to its progress. Today, the Group is one of the companies of which the ambition and the seriousness in terms of sustainable development are the most recognised on an international level.
For more information on CSR at L'Oréal: https://sharingbeautywithall.loreal.com/
Contacts at L'Oréal (switchboard: +33 1 47 56 70 00)
Individual shareholders and market authorities
Mr Jean Régis CAROF
Tel: +33 1 47 56 83 02
Financial analysts and Institutional investors
Mrs Françoise LAUVIN
Tel: +33 1 47 56 86 82
Mrs Stéphanie CARSON-PARKER
Tel : + 33 (0)1 47 56 76 71